Applied Certificate in Management for Business and Product Startups (34 weeks)
For Aspiring Leaders and Business, Operations and Project Managers
Do you dream of managing a startup through growth and iteration? Or do you want to manage a project or lead a team through a new product or service launch in a large company? In this program, you will learn how to manage company operations, finances, and human resources to help validate a business idea that will iterate and evolve.
Each module takes the foundations learned in the core course, Innovation & Business Ideation, and puts a real-life lens on operations, financial management and communications to develop a business or new product or service idea. You will acquire a deep understanding of what it takes to make a new venture succeed. Through the process, you will learn how to get the right people on board, communicate your vision, set and assess KPI’s, evaluate and control risks. Completing the program will make you more confident in your abilities to create a productive working environment and gain practical experience as a leader.
Download Program Outline
|Course Name||Duration / hours|
|Innovation & Business Ideation||4 weeks / 80 hours|
|Execution & Management||8 weeks / 160 hours|
|Financial Management||8 weeks / 160 hours|
|Business Communications||4 weeks / 80 hours|
|Capstone Project||2 weeks / 40 hours|
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Validate a business idea for feasibility and market demand.
- Identify the importance of business strategy partnerships, business development and face to face engagement.
- Identifying the opportunities and challenges that are presented when looking a business model through a global perspective.
- Hire, fire and most importantly, retain employees.
- Manage both human and capital resources
- Develop and manage a comprehensive cash-flow budget
- Communicate with your accounting team and understand the elements of financial statements
- Define key financial and startup metrics to measure growth and traction
- Develop your fundraising strategy
- Understanding the fundamentals of capital raising and how to pitch your idea to potential funders and investors.
- Identify the legal needs of your startup and start planning an IP strategy
- Operate as an effective team leader
- Communicate through empathy and leadership with business stakeholders, such as investors, employees, and potential customers.
The time frame for completion of the program is within 34 weeks (including 8 weeks holiday) from the commencement date.