Applied Certificate in Marketing for Business and Product Startups (32 weeks)
For Aspiring Marketing Managers, Community Managers and Sales Managers
Working as a marketer or sales manager for a startup or on a new product launch is, for many, a dream job. In this program, you will create a product or service from scratch by going through all the steps of a marketing process in real life conditions, including customer discovery, research, promotion, product design and brand management.
While working with your fellow students on a business project, you will learn how to create and develop a business idea that will iterate and evolve and as it does you will study methods and best practices for marketing and growing your business idea. You will develop your discipline in prioritizing and testing marketing ideas, and religiously analyzing such results to see which tactics worked the best and should be scaled out further. You will learn and develop new marketing, strategy and growth skills through hands-on practice in your business project.
Even if the startup world is not your thing and you covet a job in a large, establish brand, this program is for you. Successful businesses need great leadership and great ideas – learn the essentials of business strategy, marketing, and communication and how to bring your ideas to life. Learn to stand out in your company and be the driver change in your next job.
Download Program Outline
|Course Name||Duration / hours|
|Innovation & Business Ideation||4 weeks / 80 hours|
|Marketing for Startups & Product Launches||8 weeks / 160 hours|
|Global Business Strategies||8 weeks / 160 hours|
|Business Communications||4 weeks / 80 hours|
|Capstone Project||2 weeks / 40 hours|
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Market and sell a business idea that is aligned with your passion and personal values
- Create a prototype/ Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to validate a business idea
- Create customer user profiles
- Develop a sales process and identify how to monitor and derive what metrics are meaningful to understanding how to grow the business’s customer base.
- Identify the importance of brand voice and the importance of a marketing strategy that includes both earned and paid media, partnerships, business development and face to face engagement.
- Identifying the opportunities and challenges that are presented when looking a business model through a global perspective.
- Create a marketing plan that corresponds with sales goals
- Communicate effectively through empathy and leadership with business stakeholders, such as investors, employees, and potential customers.
The time frame for completion of the program is within 32 weeks (including 6 weeks holiday) from the commencement date.