International Business and Management
For students considering the world of international business as a career.
Globalization and emerging technologies are expanding and changing business opportunities. Learn the skills you will need to succeed in business management in an international context.
Certificate Program – 27 weeks (Vancouver & Toronto only)
24 weeks study term+
3 weeks of capstone project
Co-op Diploma Program – 48 weeks
24 weeks study term+
24 week of Co-op work placement
|Time||Monday – Thursday||Friday|
|All Day||Free time to work||Free time to work|
|4:00 – 9:00 p.m.||Classes|
• Small classes encourage dynamic instructor to student and peer-to-peer learning
• Join a student community of over 60 nationalities and build your global business network
• Learn from industry professionals with recent work experience and first-hand knowledge of business trends
• Gain valuable work Canadian work experience in a business workplace through the 24 week co-op work term
Learn from Industry Experts
Creative Problem Solving
Organization and Leadership
Students will be exposed to the broad range of business basics and the management fundamentals needed to thrive in many careers. The courses will foster development of critical thinking, creative problem solving, communication, organization and leadership. Emphasis will be given to the communication skills required to succeed in the Canadian and International work environment, as well as learning to manage and lead in the increasingly multi-cultural and technology-driven marketplace.
Co-Op Work Experience
Students in the Diploma program must complete a 480 hour co-op education to graduate from this program. You will start your work term on completion of your six-month study term. You have up to 24 weeks in which to complete your 480 co-op hours. Students typically do their co-op work experience in International Business as these jobs allow you to develop communication, culture, professional and personal skills.
- Minimum age: 19 years
- You have completed (graduated from) your final year of general / secondary level schooling
- Language Skills: You must demonstrate level 5 English with Tamwood Careers’ online test and admission interview.The online test and interview are exempt if CEFR B1, IELTS 5, TOEFL ibT 31-46, Cambridge PET(Merit), Tamwood Language Centres’ level 5 or proof of successful completion of Tamwood Language Centre EAP 192 is presented.
*Students who need to improve their English skills before getting admitted to this program can take English courses at Tamwood Language Centres.
|Name of Course/Subject||# Weeks||# of Hours|
|Course 1 International Management||4||80 hrs|
|Course 2 International Trade||4||80 hrs|
|Course 3 Fundamentals of Finance||4||80 hrs|
|Course 4 Project Management||4||80 hrs|
|Course 5 Human Resource Management||4||80 hrs|
|Course 6 Integrated Marketing||4||80 hrs|
|Cooperative Work Experience (Diploma only)||Max 24||480 hrs|
|Capstone Prpject (Certificate only)||3 weeks|
“I’ve really enjoyed the startup visits and all the tools that we have been learning about. Also that we have the possibility to connect with other people in the business community in Canada”