Canada is actively seeking more immigrants and has a number of immigration programs designed to attract specific groups of immigrants including internationals who have Canadian education and work experience, foreign skilled workers and entrepreneurs.
Canada’s Startup Visa Program
Canada’s Startup Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada.
Students in the Global Startup School @Tamwood Careers develop a business idea as well as the skills, entrepreneurial mindset, Canadian business connections and financing opportunities necessary to turn their idea into a successful business in Canada. Tamwood Careers supports students, through its training, mentoring and introductions to Recognized Incubators in Canada, to qualify for the Canadian Startup Visa. You don’t need to have a business idea to get started. Ask us about how we can help you (and your family) immigrate through this program.
A lot of Tamwood Careers students were successfully accepted to Canadian Startup Visa Program. Watch Raul’s interview where he is sharing with his journey.
Express Entry Program
Canadian Experience Class Internationals with good language skills in English and/or French, Canadian work experience and Canadian education may qualify for immigration under this program.
Canadian Experience Class Pathway for Tamwood Students
- Students can study IELTS preparation with Tamwood Language Centres to prepare for the IELTS exam.
- Students can transfer the courses they took at Tamwood Careers into one of Tamwood Careers’ partner public colleges to qualify for a one year Post-Graduate Work Permit and get their Canadian work experience.
- Students earn extra points for having a Diploma from Tamwood Careers.
Express Entry Program
Foreign Skilled Worker This program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently. There are minimum requirements for education, language ability and skilled work experience.
International students with prior work experience can earn more points to qualify for this immigration program by studying with Tamwood
- Study English at Tamwood to obtain points for language skills – maximum points 28
- Study in a certificate or diploma program at Tamwood Careers to get points for education – 15 points for a Tamwood Careers Diploma
- Turn your Co-Op work experience into an arranged job offer after graduation and earn an extra 10 points for having an arranged job
Contact Tamwood Careers for more information on the Tamwood Careers programs and admission requirements.