Tamwood Careers College and Capilano University are pleased to announce the signing of a Credit Transfer Agreement that allows Tamwood Careers students in the Essential Skills for Hospitality, Service and Tourism Programs to transfer into Capilano University’s Tourism Management Co-operative Education Diploma or Bachelor of Tourism Management Degree with advanced standing.
Tamwood students now have the opportunity to continue their tourism education in an internationally recognized Canadian University and in doing so, qualify for a Post Graduate Work Permit to work in Canada up to three years post graduation.
Students who successfully complete Tamwood Diploma program transfer 24 credits to Capilano and students who successfully complete the Tamwood Certificate transfer 18 credits to Capilano.
Tamwood Tourism and Hospitality Programs leading to Credit Transfer:
- Certificate in Essential Skills for Hospitality, Service and Tourism
- Diploma in in Essential Skills for Hospitality, Service and Tourism Co-Op
- Locations: Vancouver, Whistler and Toronto
- Flexible Monthly Start Dates
- Diploma programs include 24-week paid co-op work term
- Teachers all have industry experience
- Diploma: 48 weeks total (24-week study term + 24 co-op practicum weeks)
- Certificate: 27 weeks total (24-week study term + 3-week Capstone project)
- 20 hours/week of in-class study during study term
- Option to work part-time while studying and full-time on co-op term
Six Reasons Why Your Students Should Do a Tamwood Careers to Capilano University Academic Pathway:
- Start Your Higher Education in Canada NOW without taking more English classes – students can get started in a program in higher education in Canada with a lower English level since Tamwood accepts students with lower English skills than the public institutions (your students can upgrade their English while at our college);
- Save money – our tuition fees are lower than the tuition fees charged by most public institutions;
- Save Time – students can start their program in Canada right away as we have monthly start dates for these programs
- Get More Help – students study in smaller classes at Tamwood Careers so they have a better chance of getting more help, passing their courses and achieving higher grades;
- Gain access to the Post Grad Work Permit by transferring into a public college or university to complete a diploma or degree there; and
- Get two credentials in less time – students will get a Diploma from us and a Degree or Diploma from the public institution in just over three years.